Family Works, Inc. is a private, mid-sized, community-based and women/minority-owned agency that provides counseling and support services to children and families who are experiencing challenges.
What We Do
- Family Works utilizes a systems approach, viewing the involvement of all family members as important and necessary for change.
- Each family is helped to discover their own unique strengths and capabilities as well as areas in which behavioral changes are needed.
- Services are designed to meet each family’s individual needs and circumstances.
- Coordination and case management is also provided to help families cope with the multiple-systems involved.
Training and Consultation
- The Training Institute at Family Works is dedicated to promoting competence in workers and agencies providing services to high-risk families.
- Trainings include a one-year program in Marriage and Family Therapy.
- Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) from Family Works are awarded for trainings sponsored by the Training Institute.
Through staff development, Family Works, Inc. creates a team of highly qualified professionals who provide: services to complex family systems, consultations, and trainings for professional partners.
Family Works is Committed to the Following Guiding Principles:
Click for more details
Belief That Change is Possible in All Families
We instill hope and draw on resiliencies and competencies to empower families through a strengths-based lens as a paramount philosophy of our agency.
We adhere to the NASW Code of Ethics for individual and agency conduct. We require staff to participate in annual ethics trainings.
Because we value and respect each family’s story, we are committed to client confidentiality as specified in the NASW Code of Ethics.
We promote safety of our clients, community and our employees.
We advocate for our clients in the complex systems in which they are engaged.
Evidenced Based Treatment Modalities Best Practices
We train in current evidence-based treatment modalities and utilize industry best practice standards.
Family Centered Practices
- We meet families at mutually convenient times (including evenings and weekends).
- We engage with families where they are in the process of change.
- We believe families are the experts on themselves and their stories.
- We value the individuality of each family.
We have a commitment to cultural competency with clients and staff and the community. We embrace differences in culture, religion, creed, spiritual beliefs, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, political and other belief systems.
Staff Development and Well-Being
We place a high priority on the overall emotional, professional and physical well-being of staff. We recognize that personal self-care of our staff is essential to providing the ost exceptional quality of care to others. We are committed to provide staff with ongoing training, supervision and consultation. Supervisors are readily available for consultation.
Developing Professionalism in the Community
In the spirit of cooperation, we utilize our expertise to provide collaboration with professional partners.
We utilize our expertise to provide ongoing education to our funders, industry and community at large.
Where We Serve
Family Works, Inc.
3266 N. Meridian Street, Suite 802
Indianapolis, Indiana 46208
Serving Hamilton Hancock, Hendricks, Marion, and Tipton counties in central Indiana.
If you suspect child abuse or neglect, call the hotline:
If the child is in immediate danger,
A reportar abuso de los niños, tienes que contactar el Departamento Indiana de Servicios de los Niños a
Llame 9-1-1 si un niño está en riesgo inmediato. Por favor, no usa esta dirección de correo a reportar abuso o abandono de niños.